Information on Covid-19 to patients with symptoms – When not to attend the practice
If you have symptoms of coronavirus (a high temperature or a new, continuous cough, loss or change to your smell or taste), please do not go to your dentist, or places like a GP surgery, pharmacy, or hospital. If you have these symptoms, use the 111 coronavirus service to find out what to do.
To protect others, you must stay at home if you or someone you live with has symptoms of coronavirus. If your symptoms are mild, you'll usually be advised to not leave your home for at least seven days. Anyone you live with should not leave your home for 14 days.
Pre-attendance screening and instructions to patients
Prior to your appointment
We will telephone you the day before your appointment and on the day of your appointment and ask the following questions:
- How are you generally?
- Do you have a temperature at the moment and if so, is it over 37.8 degrees centigrade?
- Do you have a new persistent cough?
(A new, continuous cough means coughing for longer than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours. If the patient usually has a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- Have you got or have you had muscle pains?
- Have you got or have you had a persistent headache in the last 14 days?
- Have you become breathless or are you more breathless than usual?
- Have you lost your sense of taste and/or smell within the last 14 days?
- Have you tested positive for COVID-19 in the last 7 days?
- Are you waiting for a COVID-19 test or the results?
- Do you live with someone who has either tested positive for COVID-19 or had symptoms of COVID-19 in the last 14 days?
If you answer ‘YES’ to ANY of the questions, you will be advised to not attend your dental appointment.
Instructions when attending your dental appointment
- You must come on your own (unless there is a need to be accompanied).
- You should arrive at the appointed time.
- You will be met at the door and asked to sanitize your hands, we will also take your temperature when you arrive. If it is 37.8 degrees centigrade or above, you will not be permitted to enter the practice.
- You will not be able to enter the practice early and sit in the waiting room, so if you are early, please wait in your car or outside the practice.
- If you have a mask, please wear it to the practice. If you do not have a mask, we will provide you with one and ask you to wear it whilst in the practice, apart from when we are providing clinical treatment.
- We will give you a consent form for you to read through when you come to the practice. The purpose of this is to ask for your consent to receiving treatment at our practice during the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Please could you clean your teeth thoroughly before attending for your appointment and avoid all food and drinks until after your appointment.
BOOK YOUR DENTAL APPOINTMENT TODAY
Take the very best care of your smile by booking an appointment for a cosmetic makeover or get help when you need it at our Arnold dental clinic. Call us today on 0115 926 4333.
Bring back your smile with a set of our beautifully tailored made dentures.
No need for an appointment for our high-quality denture repairs.
Chrome & Flexi-Dentures
Get a new set of expertly made, bespoke chrome or flexi-dentures.
Cosmetic Dental Surgery
We offer affordable, high-quality cosmetic dental treatments.
Perk up your pearly whites with an extensive clean.
Dazzle your friends with your smile after our expert teeth whitening treatment.
Restore your smile to full beam with high-quality dental veneers.
Get your smile back with an expertly made and fitted crown.
Perfect your smile with a brand-new, bespoke dental bridge.
Enhance your smile with white cosmetic fillings.